The department of haematology has a wide range of services including diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant blood conditions, laboratory services, and transfusion services.
• Administration and monitoring of blood thinning medicine (anticoagulation) to prevent further clots.
• Reversal of anticoagulation in the event of serious bleeding.
• Advice for patient on anticoagulation undergoing surgical and dental procedures
>>Bleeding disorders: Diagnosis and administration of necessary blood products for treatment and prevention of bleeding.
>>Blood Cancer: Blood cancer treatment for acute and chronic leukaemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, myeloproliferative neoplasm, lymphoma, myeloma and other blood cancers
Treatment of anaemia with blood transfusions, nutritional supplementation, red cell stimulating hormones and other treatments as needed.
Treatment of autoimmune conditions causing low platelets or autoimmune haemolytic anaemia with steroids and other immunosuppression agents.
Diagnosis and treatment of bone marrow failure syndromes
The services provided under the specialty include:
- Lab Services:-
- Full blood count
- Blood clotting screening test
- Bone marrow aspirate interpretation
- Flow cytometry
- Molecular studies for blood disorders
- Platelet function testing
- Specialised coagulation test
- Hemoglobin electrophoresis
- Stem cell processing and storage