Department of Eye (Ophthalmology)
Ophthalmology is a branch of medicine that involves the study and treatment of eye disorders and diseases.
Your eyes are complex organs, made up of many different parts, and there are numerous eye diseases and conditions that can affect them. Common problems include: cataracts, cornea conditions, glaucoma, and retinal disease.
Our highly skilled consultant ophthalmologists diagnose and treat many eye diseases and perform eye surgery. Many of our ophthalmologists are also involved in scientific research on the causes and cures for eye diseases and vision disorders. They are knowledgeable of, and experienced with, the latest treatment options and procedures for our patients in order to provide the best care possible.
At Dolfin hospital, we diagnose and treat a wide range of common and complex eye conditions. We provide diagnostic services to assess conditions including: glaucoma, retinal diseases, age-related macular degeneration (AMD), cataracts and corneal problems. We offer the latest treatments to the patients.
- CATARACT : A cataract is a clouding of the lens in your eye, which causes blurred vision. Cataracts are very common, and can occur naturally as a result of ageing of the eye after the age of 40. Conge
- CORNEA : A cornea transplant, also known as a corneal graft or keratoplasty, is an eye operation in which all or part of a damaged cornea is removed and replaced with healthy donor cornea.
- GLAUCOMA : Glaucoma is an eye condition where pressure builds up in the eye as fluids aren’t draining properly. This pressure can damage your eye’s optic nerve, eventually causing vision loss.
- RETINA DISEASE : A retina disease affects the thin tissue lining the back of your eye that is responsible for your vision. It causes eyesight symptoms such as seeing flashes and floaters, blurred or d
- REFRACTIVE ERROR CONDITIONS : If you have a refractive error condition, the image of what you are looking at is not focussed properly on to your retina and this causes blurred vision.