Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine
Dolfin Hospital & Infertlity Centre (DHIC) provides a comprehensive range of services for patients who have a common or unusual respiratory (pulmonary) complaint or who are found to have a condition that requires the expertise of a Respiratory Physician.
We provide full assessments for patients presents themselves with a persistent cough, difficulty in breathing, panting, wheezing, sputum production or phlegm, coughing up blood and weight loss.
We are able to investigate, diagnose and treat the whole spectrum of lung diseases such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pneumonia, pleural effusion and other pleural diseases, primary and secondary lung cancer, tuberculosis, bronchiectasis, pulmonary fibrosis and other interstitial lung diseases, occupational lung diseases and obstructive sleep apnoea.
Our investigative capability includes bronchoscopy, full lung function testing including spirometry, lung volumes, diffusion capacity, body plethysmography, metacholine challenge test, exercise testing, overnight polysomnography and CPAP titration, allergy testing, radiological examinations of effusions or tumours.
The services provided under the specialty include:
- We provide full assessments for patients who present with symptoms such as persistent cough, difficulty in breathing, panting, wheezing, excessive cough with sputum or phlegm production and coughing
- We are able to investigate, diagnose and treat the whole spectrum of lung diseases, such as:
- asthma and airway allergy
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- pleural effusion and other pleural diseases
- primary and secondary lung cancer
- interstitial lung diseases
- obstructive sleep apnoea